Bybee recently posted a list of highly acclaimed and popular books that she hasn't read yet. So, I've decided to use this post to ridicule her.
Just kidding. I actually liked the honesty. So, like a good blogger, I'm stealing her idea. Here's my confession, the twenty books that are keeping me from the coveted "Well Read Award" that only exists in my head:
1. Harper Lee- To Kill A Mockingbird
2. Jane Austen- Pride and Prejudice
3. Joseph Conrad- Heart of Darkness
4. Bill Bryson- A Short History of Nearly Everything
5. Joseph Heller- Catch 22
6. Vladimir Nabokov- Lolita
7. Gabriel Garcia Marquez- One Hundred Years of Solitude
8. J. R. R. Tolkien- The Hobbit
9. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle- The Hound of The Baskervilles
10. Charles Dickens- A Tale of Two Cities
11. Louisa May Alcott- Little Women
12. Ian McEwan- Atonement
13. Douglas Adams- The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
14. Don Delilo- White Noise
15. Carson McCullers- The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
16. Richard Adams- Watership Down
17. Scott O'Dell- Island Of The Blue Dolphins
18. Salman Rushdie- The Satanic Verses
19. Madeleine L'Engle- A Wrinkle In Time
20. Katherine Patterson- Bridge To Terebithia
And probably more. I should note that with the exceptions of J.R.R. Tolkien and Charles Dickens, I haven't read anything else by these particular authors either.
That's my confession. How many Hail Mary's is it worth?