Trivial Sunday- Barney's Version
With Mordecai Richler's Barney's Version set to be released as a major motion picture later this year, I figure it's time to start building the hype. (It's one of my all time favourite books after all!)
So here's John's version of Barney's Version trivia. Remember, feel free to answer all 10 at home, but only answer one in the comments below to give others a chance to play along...
1. Match the characters with the actor that will play them in the movie:
a. Paul Giamatti
b. Dustin Hoffman
c. Bruce Greenwood
d. Minnie Driver
iii. Mrs. P
2. Who played Barney in the CBC radio drama? (Hint: he also has a part in the movie)
3. What diagnosis does Barney get at the end of the book?
c. Lou Gehrig's
4. What Freudian object graced the cover of the first Canadian edition?
5. How many wives did Barney have?
6. True or False: Barney's Version was Mordecai Richler's last novel.
7. About how many copies of Barney's Version were sold in Italy?
8. Which award did Barney's Version receive:
b. Governor General
c. Both of the above
d. None of the above
9. Which 1959 titular character makes another appearance in Barney's Version?
10. What was the name of Barney's trashy TV company?