1. If you're interested in signing up for the 6th annual Canadian Book challenge, please email me with the subject line: Sign Me Up!"
More details and a more official announcement for the 6th edition of the challenge will come as soon as I have...
2. An official logo! But I still need one and after five years of running this challenge I'm growing shorter and shorter on ideas. So, I need all you creative and/or artistic types to design a logo. Here are the logos from past challenges:
So, a few things to note: Designs do not need to be fancy. Also, I have a thing for maple leaves, but it's not a prerequisite. I'm looking for something obviously Canadian and stereotypes are not discouraged. Something that involves books would be nice. Something catchy and original. I like a lot of Canadian graphic novelists-- Seth, Chester Brown, Jeff Lemire, Jillian Tamaki. Something in a similar style might be cool. Or in the style of a well-known Canadian illustrator might be neat-- say Michael Martchenko. But those are just my ideas and I'm interested to know what you will come up with. Entries can be emailed to jmutford (at) hotmail (dot) com.
And while I know most would be happy just to have all the acclaim that a logo designer typically accrues, I'm also going to throw in this handy dandy prize donated by the good people at Anansi Press:
Zoe Whittall- Holding Still For As Long As Possible
Bill Gaston- The Good Body
Kathleen Winter- Annabel
A few more ground rules:
1. Since I'm hoping to have a lot of entries to choose from, I'm not limiting this one to current Canadian Book Challenge participants.
2. Could be a photo, could be a drawing, as long as it's in a digital format and the name (The Canadian Book Challenge 6) is readable in a small size, it's a contender. Again, all work MUST be original.
3. I reserve the right not to choose any submitted entry without having to explain all my reasons and without hurting anyone's feelings (got that?). However, in the event that I choose none of the entries, I'll choose a random prize winner from all those who entered.